As, I began my last few classes two weeks ago, I'm finally seeing and feeling the light at the end of the tunnel. One of the courses I am taking this semester is techniques of counseling, which is all about asking the better questions, rephrasing, summarizing and nonverbal skills that enables open communication with clients. I've taken this class later in the program, because next semester I actually start seeing clients.
Which brings me to the "beginning of the end." I spent a part of the weekend putting together my portfolio, which I have to present to a board before internship/graduation - proving that I'm skilled enough to begin the career based on the national counseling accreditation standards. I was amazed how much I've learned over the past year...and enjoyed.
This morning, I took the first portion of being certified in the State of Florida. I took the General Knowledge portion of the Florida Teachers Certification Exam. It wasn't too bad, but math has never been my strong suit. The results will come in 30 days. I'm taking the final two exams in April.
I have no updates on the progress being made (or lack thereof) on going through MSU for my internship. I still have high hopes to move back in with Joe in August. Keep your fingers crossed. For now, I will keep working on the "beginning of the end."
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment