I spent New Years Eve and New Years with the greatest friends in the Jacksonville area. Matt, Leah and I drove to Fernandina Beach on Thursday and celebrated New Years Eve with the 'Dina crew. The Flick's were wonderful enough to host us in their home for the weekend. Jack drove up from Gainesville and we all rung in 2010 together!
Friday early morning, we all woke up to freezing weather and rain - all to watch the Gator Bowl! We tailgated for a few hours - with plenty of rain gear and shivers. The game was fantastic (even though I was a bit sad to miss those Auburn Tigers)! The game had it's moments of sadness as we all said farewell to the great Coach Bobby Bowden. Peanut and I enjoyed it enough for Joe too - who has been a fan of FSU and Bobby for all of his football loving life. Best of all - We won - 33 to 21!
Leah, Ashley and I keeping warm and dry while tailgating!
Matt, Leah, Jack and I headed towards the stadium! Go Noles!
Peanut and I after conquering all the stairs to get to the top...our seats!
Jack and I ready for the game!
Matt and Leah bought Peanut a pennant and this is proof he was at the last game that Bobby Bowden ever coached!
Bobby with the win!

No comments:
Post a Comment