Liam blows our minds most days with the things he says and remembers (definitely elephant memory). Lately, he's had adorable things to say about being a big brother and about his baby brother. (PS - brother sounds more like "brubber").
Last night, Liam wanted to snuggle on my lap to watch a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (of course!). I take full advantage any time he wants to sit with me or randomly dance with me - time will fly and I will crave these times. However, I had to explain that he needed to sit towards one side of me because his brother is growing so much in my belly. As usual when I explain something, he said, "oh, okay" and we went along watching the show. Well, after a while, he got down and went to sit in his chair, grabbing his Mickey Santa doll along the way. After a bit with Mickey in his lap, he looked over at me and explained, "Mickey in my lap, Mama. I have no baby in belly, just jelly."
This morning, Peanut 2.0 was really moving around and I can finally feel him externally now. Since, Liam was right there, I asked him if he wanted to feel his brother kick. His face lit up and he enthusiastically said, "yea!" So, I put his hand on my belly and told him in might be awhile before he can feel him. It didn't take too long before a hard movement was felt. Liam looked at me with his big eyes and said, "Does brother have a soccer ball?"
I wish I could just record him and replay the innocent, honest things he says to us over and over as he grows older. Instead, I will share them with you and keep them in my heart.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment