Monday, March 05, 2012

A, J & L - Rock n Roll NOLA 1/2 Marathon

This year has started out with an athletic bang...1/2 marathon in Jan, 15K in Feb...and now I conquer my 4th 1/2 marathon in New Orleans, LA with Leah, Jennifer, Kym, Brandon, Perry and Matt (the guys are running the full). I love the Rock and Roll Series and recommend them to anyone. 



Leah and I at the expo! 



 Liam had a great time checking things out...from the back of his eye lids.






Best support team/cheerleading squad a runner could ask for!


After PR'ing with a 2:17 in January, I really wanted to finish closer to 2:15. However, I'm very happy with our (Leah and I finished together for the first time) at 2:23. There were over 30K runners and the roads of New Orleans are not smooth (to say the least), so it was difficult to keep a steady pace...I was also working through some IT band issues, which had bothered me since January's finish. All and all, I'm stoked with the results and look forward to running another before the year's end.

No comments: