Thursday, February 10, 2011

A - I Can See Clearly Now...

Seriously! After 7 years and 3 consults later, I finally bit the bullet and had LASIK! I went for the newest procedure, Intra-lase, which involves air pressure to create the flap and not a blade. It was the most bizarre feeling. They just numbed my eyes, sterilized them and went to work...okay, they gave me a little zanex first. Once the flap was cut, it went black for a second and then I could see them lift the flap to allow the laser to do it's thing. It didn't take long at all - painless, but definitely irritation!

At my one day follow up, I saw 20/20 for the first time in my life! Even with contacts/glasses, I was only seeing 20/40. It's a whole new world. A week later, still 20/20. I couldn't be happier with finally making the decision and going for it!

No comments: