Sunday, November 14, 2010

A - 1/2 Training

Update on my training - With only three weeks left, I'm ahead of schedule with my training program (not a bad thing at all). Last weekend, our great friends Dan & Nicki watched Liam while I ran 8.1 miles around East Hill area in Pensacola. I finished in 1:30 and only stopped to swallow a Gu pack and drink some water.

I was suppose to run a 10K this weekend, but instead I thought I would just run my 9, Then I'd be able to get to 11 before the race and not just 10. So, Leah came over early this morning and hung out with Liam while I ran in the large subdivision across the street. It was a difficult run for me. I had to take a couple more breaks and time was going by so slow. However, I didn't estimate my run back well and ended up running 9.65 in 1:50. I'm pretty happy with that. With a few walks, I still averaged 11:23 min miles.

A couple weeks ago, I bought a much needed new pair of shoes. I just went in and they looked up what I purchased last time and I bought the newest version. This is what the brought out to the floor...

Last time, they brought out pink (yuck), but they are for running, not fashion. My heart was so happy to see purple! I know Grandma will be cheering me on from above! Only 3 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Dad B said...

Of course Grandma will be cheering you on in Vegas. She is also smiling as she watches Liam grow into an adorable little boy.