Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A & J - Seaside 5K

This past weekend, Joe and I woke up really early and drove to Seaside for a 5K that I was running with Leah and Mrs. Sandy (Leah's mother-in-law). The day before it was 72 and sunny...the morning of the race, it was 31 and overcast. A strong, cold front swept through the south that night. The only positive about the weather, was that it was not raining. I have been running 3-5 miles regularly and so I wanted to push myself on time for this 5K. Through the wind and freezing temperatures, I finished at my set goal time and came in 3rd place within my age division! Yay for personal records. Leah finished 7th and is well on her way to the half marathon she's training for...please click here to show her your support...and to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society!

Mr. Gary, Matt & Joe (aka - our cheerleaders that braved the freezing temps too)

Victory! 

Mrs. Sandy, Angie & Leah warming up at 8:15am with Bloody Maria's. 

PS - The added bonus to this race was that every finisher received a Vera Bradley tote!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you take up running, and watch as your improve your time and distance. I once said that I'd give $100 to the first in my family to beat me in a race, let me know if you're ever up for it. I can't help but notice that Joe isn't participating with you in road training and races. This must be due to a rule as an AF pilot that prevents him from participating in civilian physical activities for fear of possible injuries. Otherwise, one might think he won’t because he realizes that he’ll never be able to read anything but what’s on the back of your shirt.

Anonymous said...

What does Pete consider as family? Because I want in.
Chris Hanson (from Dateline NBC)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Congrats to you both!! YAY! I wish you would rub off on me!

The Harrison Herald said...

Love this post and for the support!