Thursday, November 13, 2008

A - South Florida Roadtrip

This past weekend, I took a road trip around the state. I was headed down to Fort Lauderdale for Jillian's bridal shower, but made a couple pit stops. On the way down, I stopped an had a delicious lunch with Jack at the Swamp in Gainesville. The total time in the car with stops was about 12 hours. 
Yes, I'm driving...carefully, but it was beautiful! 

It was fantastic to spend time with Jillian, Bobby and their families over the weekend. They are all so sweet. The shower was a great success and finding bridesmaid dresses was also successful...after many tries. Her colors are black, ivory and pink. 

The Bridesmaid dresses - the ribbon will be light pink. 

The Bridesmaids (me, Lindsey and Britt) all tied for 1st place in "Who Knows the Bride the Best" game we played at the shower - appropriate! 

A UCF girls reunion - Tara, me and Jillian. 

On Sunday, I drove to Tampa and spent Monday with Mom and Dad Schlosser. Again, great to spend time with them and have a nice break in the trip back. I even went to my FAV place in all of the Tampa area - Campbell's Ice Cream...for a butterscotch sundae! 

My car and I made it all the way to mile marker 222 on I-10 near Tallahassee before blowing a tire. I've changed tires before...and we have AAA, so I just called them and they came out. I then drove 18 miles on I-10 only going 50mph and my flashers on to get my donut replaced before continuing home. Needless to say the 6 and a half hour drive turned into 11. Ugh - always an adventure! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what a fun time! I miss you!