Sunday, March 16, 2008

A & J - Spring Break

It was obvious this weekend that we live on the island - crazy bridge traffic! Half of Texas is on spring break this week and half of those students are here! Joe had a busy week - He was double-turned several days on flights and then he flew to Scottsdale, AZ for this "cross-country" flight. He began his "review stage" on Friday. He's moving towards the end of pilot training quickly.

Angie has begun substitute teaching. Some days are better than others and it is a very exhausting "job." She has always respected teachers, but now she has a greater understanding the "ins and outs" of teaching a classroom full of kids. She is discovering her classroom management style one day at a time and that the elementary level is the best for her here in Corpus Christi. So, she is subbing a few days a week.

This weekend we took advantage of the awesome weather and went on a nice long walk downtown - along the seawall. We are looking forward to our friends and family to start visiting in a couple weeks! If anyone else is interested, our door is open!

1 comment:

FGT said...

OHH, I need to find some time to come visit you! I hope you are keeping those kids in-line out there! Congrats to Joe on almost being finished! I will let you know what happens tomorrow as soon as I find out. Thanks for the prayers! Love, G