Monday, February 19, 2007

A - Disappointing News

Well, for all the good things going "right," there has to be something "wrong." I found out that if I transfer to Mississippi State for my internship, I would have to add another semester on to my program. In order for me to complete my internship with them, they require that I fulfill their requirements, which involves a semester of practicum in a school setting. Our program is set up so we complete practicum by counseling clients in the community clinic on campus. Although, I can see both sides of the argument for the different practicums, I am appreciative that I will gain the one-on-one counseling experience in the clinic. This will tone my techniques and skills as an effective counselor.

So, since I am not willing to extend the tunnel a little bit more (I can finally start to see the light at the end) and I am not willing to pay out of state tuition for two full semesters...I will be staying in Florida until December.

I am, however, looking into getting a placement in Hillsborough County, so I can live in Tampa with mom and dad Schlosser. This way, I can complete the full-time internship without the stress of having a night job to pay rent. So, even though it's disappointing news, it's all good. Come December 8th, I will have a masters degree in school counseling and be living with my husband!!! The light looks so bright!

1 comment:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Awwww...that bites! But, it will all work out in the end! I'm sure Foster will be purely spoiled by Grandma & Grandpa Schlosser!!