Joe had a long week as the interim squadron commander, ending in meeting with the board for a permanent squadron leadership position. Unfortunately, it did not work out that he received one. It seems the officers/instructions wanted him to meet with the boards on Monday for a wing leadership position - it's a higher position. Joe is just excited because if he does get a wing board position, he'll be able to carry a saber at graduation. I let him know that if he didn't get a wing position, I would make sure to get him a Pirates of the Caribbean sword. He's spirits seem to be rising every time I talk with him.
I'm stoked to not have to study or read this week. Finals went well...not sure how things will line up as far as grades - they come out on Tuesday. Tuesday is also when Gwin flies in and I just couldn't be more excited about hanging out with her for a week! I will also get to spend time with Emily on Monday and Tuesday night since she is in town for a conference.
I had an anniversary dinner with Joe's grandparents, aunt and uncle last night. It was so nice to see them and spend time chatting. Here are some pictures from Joe's first part of training. Enjoy!

2 comments:
Wow....I can't believe it has been a year since your wedding! We still hold your wedding in our Top 5 list of the BEST....and we have been to LOTS of weddings. Thanks again for letting us capture your wonderful day! Rae
Joyful Joe! He looks like he's getting into the 'Warrior' mentality!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Love to you both, Susi
Post a Comment