Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A - December 2007

I met with my advisor this week and planned out my degree program - I am officially set to graduate in December of 2007. It seems so far away, but when I look at all the work - it will fly by. To complete the program, I have to have 100 hours of practicum. This will involve me counseling people from the community with an instructor watching me through video and aiding me through a bug...sounds intense. Then, my last semester will be 600 hours of internship. I hope to be able to devote 20 hours a week in a high school and 20 hours a week at the university guidance/advising center. Since I'm torn between the two and want the experience of both. I'll cross that bridge when it comes in front of me.

I also had to interview a profession in the field of interest this week. I interviewed the director of a local high school's counseling center. He was a terrific guy, who reassured me that this is the field that I want to get into. He discussed his typical day and it excited me to get through school.

So, all is moving in the right direction. December 2007 here I come.

1 comment:

Susi said...

Angie, Thanks for the update! So happy to hear of Y'all's Joy! Love to both, Susi